South San Francisco Unified School District Website:
Our school District has a website that contains valuable information to refer to; such as school calendars, Mealtime lunch payment program, Community Resource Information and much more. Visit the Superintendent's Newsletter for current events. Refer to our "Quick Link" section located to the left of this message.
Daly City Police Patrol Our Streets:
The Daly City Police Officers have been monitoring the school streets to ensure that drivers are following the safety regulations. It’s been painful for some parents due to driving tickets have been issued.
The following is a reminder of things to be mindful of when dropping or picking up your child:
- Use the White Zone located on the curb side of Victoria St.
- Move forward in the zone when dropping off so the car behind can do the same.
- Do not park your car this zone is only for loading and unloading passengers.
- Take time to park your car in the neighborhood and walk a block or less.
- No U-turns, notice postings, anywhere on Victoria.
- No double parking. It very dangerous for children to cross in the middle of the street. They're not visible to other drivers.
- Use the cross walks. Our traffic guards are there for our children's safety.
- The maximum speed limit is 25 MPH or when safe. We need to drive slower when children are in the area and it's congested.
- Do not enter parking lot on Victoria this is an exit driveway.
Questions and suggestions are welcome.
Remember.....the purpose of patrolling our streets is to ensure OUR CHILDREN ARE SAFE!
2015-2016 Student Registration:
Kindergarten and Grades 1st - 5th at J. Serra school site.
Visit the J. Serra "Community and Parents" page, Registration for J. Serra requirements.
Or, visit the SSF Unified District website @ www.ssfusd.org for more information.
Student Merit Day!
On the first day of each month students in grades 3rd - 5th are rewarded for their good behavior. Students having enough reward points at the end of each month are allowed to participate in a "Free Dress Day".
Students are looking up to the sky and enjoying the
Junipero Serra is a "Uniform School". Uniforms are expected to be worn daily unless a special "Free Dress" day is announced. Please see the following link to our uniform expectations.
Junipero Serra Uniforms